Friday, August 12, 2011

On the Loop

If you're a regular reader of this blog (hahaha feeling!), you can tell how much I adore Filipino bands that make nice music. So tonight, I'm updating my "Proud to be Pinay" playlist by adding new songs from Up Dharma Down, Pupil, and Imago.


Indak by Up Dharma Down

Nothing beats to Armi Millare's soothing and captivating voice. Up Dharma Down is Up Dharma Down! I guess I have to agree with someone who said, "I told you, UDD came from a different universe". ;) I feel so lucky because I was given an opportunity to watch them perform live (and it was for free!) at DLSU during my last year as a college student.


20/20 by Pupil

Pupil's music is getting better as years go by. With Ely Buendia (the former vocalist of the Eraserheads) on vocals, Yan Yuzon (he's the brother of Yael, the vocalist of Spongecola) on lead guitars, Dok Sergio on bass, and Wendell Garcia on drums, I'm sure this band will go places. I won't be surprised if I'll see them on international charts one day. Check out the video too. It's refreshing to see an empty EDSA... no cars and no traffic at all.


Ang Huling Yakap ng Mundo by Imago

In my honest opinion, Imago is a versatile band. Imago has shown its versatility not only through the music it makes but through the music videos as well. And can I just say that Aia is so pretty in this music video?


Hey Daydreamer by Somedaydream

There's one solo artist who made it to my playlist and he's none other than Somedaydream also known as Rez Toledo. He's been making waves in the music industry for quite some time now. I think that Hey Daydreamer is a lovely song and the music video is so cute!

Happy weekend! :)