Friday, July 22, 2011

Going Indie

A couple of weeks ago, I made a playlist on my iTunes entitled "It's Time to Burn Some Eyebrows" to inspire me when I study, or when I work on my students' worksheets and other activities. My playlist includes the music of Dashboard Confessionals, The Script, Maroon5, Yellowcard, Hellogoodbye, and some songs from movie soundtracks (500 Days of Summer, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging) which are mostly indie. Because most of the songs in this playlist are upbeat, I haven't had the sleepy feeling yet whenever it's on the loop. The pumping music keeps me alive and kickin'. So far so good. ;)

This playlist somehow helped me appreciate indie music more. It's not something that I hear everyday so listening to indie music is refreshing in a way. So for today, for a change, let's pave a way to the indies! Allow me to share with you some of the indie songs that are in my playlist:



Sugar Mouse by Oh, Atoms!



Baby, It's Fact by Hellogoodbye



Here Comes Your Man by Meaghan Smith

These songs remind me of summer, rainbows, lollipops, big smiles and any thing that attracts positive vibes. Happy weekend everyone! :)