Saturday, July 09, 2011

The Dreamer

I have a new addition to the "places I want to visit someday" list and it's none other than the charming city of Prague. I was reading Patty Laurel's blog the other night and I got hooked by her recent blog post. She is definitely the best example of a jet-setter because at the very young age of 28, she has been to 28 countries already! Beat that. She has traveled all her life and the experiences/learning that she gained from traveling are truly inspiring and quite interesting.

Patty's 28th destination is in Czech Republic... a place in Europe where one can see "beautifully restored buildings" which are influenced by "Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque" periods. I think it will be a huge crime if you don't bring your camera with you too once you step foot in Prague. I can't blame Patty for taking photos of random buildings while walking around the city because they're indeed beautiful!

Now, I'm spamming you with the photos I found on Google:



They say that Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I couldn't agree more. I admire their government and its citizens for restoring these ancient buildings (and I hear that some of them have been transformed into hotels and restaurants) so that people who come to Prague will not only enjoy their stay but also learn about its history. Haay, I hope we (Philippine government plus us---the extraordinary and cool citizens of the Philippines :D) also exert extra effort in restoring the buildings that have lived since the Spanish era. When will our country become like this? I wonder.





Prague, see you soon! I look forward to having my own one-of-a-kind adventures in this lovely city. And last but not the least, please visit Patty's awesome blog. You'll really learn a lot from her. :)