Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Hot Fudge and Large Fries Will Never Be the Same Again


Last week, I saw this commercial on TV and it caught my attention. I stopped whatever I was doing and totally focused on it. I searched this one in Youtube a while ago and fortunately for me, I was able to find a copy. I watched it all over again and I noticed that some goosebumps just appeared on my arm, most especially while I was listening to the famous Eraserheads' song. It really made me say, "Awww".


What I like about the McDonald's commercials (the Filipino ones) is that, besides giving us some entertainment and making us crave for the foods, they teach us values and lessons too. And they include the culture of the Filipinos as well. Hence, they remind us not to forget our Filipino practices despite our exposure to the Western culture.


Anyway, this is my favorite McDonald's commercial so far. I like it very much, although it doesn't have a happy ending. Oh well, I would probably remember this commercial whenever I eat at McDonald's. My hot fudge and large fries will never be the same again, thank you very much.


McDonald's is definitely L-O-V-E! v(",)v


***


"...at kahit hindi rin naging kami sa huli, siya pa rin ang first love ko."