Sunday, November 18, 2007

What Have I Done?

My aunt and I usually attend mass every Saturday night, thus anticipated mass. My parents and my brother also attend that mass but they don't sit with us because they prefer sitting at the back rather than infront. Anyway, I listened to the homily of the priest. I think that his homily is nice because it talks about "living our lives to the fullest". Our life is not permanent; it's temporary and we will all die. That is why, we should have more reasons to enjoy our lives. We shouldn't sulk in one corner and pity ourselves. Try doing things that will make us happy. For example, finding happiness in simple things like eating ice cream and spending time with the family. FAMILY. That word is stuck in my head. I couldn't forget what he said about hugging each member of the family because there will come a time, we wouldn't have the chance to hug these people anymore. Remember, time changes, and as it changes, people change.

After the mass, at home, I told my mother jokingly yet nicely that she should take care of my father and hug him too because the priest said so in the homily. The priest has a point and in my opinion, he's right. When I told mama these words, I didn't mean anything bad. Is it bad to remind or tell our parents that giving a warm and sincere hug makes someone feel better? Well, I think, in my mother's case, yes, it's bad. She got upset (or maybe angry). She said that she's not that showy and expressive and she takes good care of papa. I answered back. I said, "Mama, wala naman masama kung mag-hug kayo ni papa eh. Kaya ko lang nasabi kasi hindi ko na kayo nakikita na nagha-hug. Di na tulad ng dati..." There was silence. I think my answer "shot" mama. Natigilan si mama. She just repeated what she said and added some more stuff, which I couldn't remember at all. Papa heard everything and he didn't say anything. He was quiet all the time but eventually, he said, "Tama na 'yan." And guess what I did? As usual, I cried...I cried again.

What have I done? Am I a BAD daughter? What's wrong with what I said? I just want to see them hug. What's wrong with giving themselves a hug? Honestly, when someone hugs me, I feel good. And I think I broke mama's heart...OMG. I feel bad...