Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Toastbox Date

Since it opened in Solenad 2, my colleagues-friends and I have been wanting to try the food at Toastbox. At first, I thought it only serves breakfast food because of the word "toast". I proved myself wrong when Mariel and I decided to eat lunch there last Saturday, after work. While thinking of what food to eat, I found out that besides toast, Toastbox offers a variety of food and one of the best sellers is the Hainanese chicken. It also offers pastries and other sweets.

Milo Dinosaur
Iced Lemon Tea
 That's Milo Dinosaur and Iced Lemon Tea. Milo Dinosaur looks so yummy! I will order this drink when I go back to Toastbox. :p The Iced Lemon Tea is neither sweet nor bland. It's just right and it goes well with the food I ordered. 

Hiananese chicken
Nasi Goreng
Mariel tried the Hainanese chicken rice while I chose Nasi Goreng--- fried rice with fried egg, vegetables, and on the side, there's dilis and bagoong. It's a little bit spicy but flavorful and I finished it! Mariel said that it tasted better than the one they had when they went to Singapore before. The Hainanese chicken, on the other hand, is the total opposite of Nasi Goreng--- sweet but flavorful too. And I think that it will definitely make everyone's tummy happy because it is served with a cup of rice, " 3 dips" (I don't know what it's called haha) and a bowl of soup.

June 16, 2012 | Photo from Mariel's Blackberry
What I love about Toastbox, aside from the food, is it's homey vibe. It would make you feel like you're at home, specially when you dine at their soft couch and coffee table corner. It's now officially my second favorite place in Solenad 2.

It was nice spending time with you, (Teacher) Mariel! I really had a great time and I learned so many things from you. Here's to our Saturday classes! :)