Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Can you still remember what happened in New York on this very day ten years ago? 

Then...
...and now.
 I was only 10 years old then when I heard about two airplanes that crashed into the tallest buildings in the world, the World Trade Center, or most popularly known as the Twin Towers. I was able to see how the two airplanes caused chaos and fear in the busy streets of New York City. No, I wasn't there but I got to see that "goosebumps" moment because I saw it on TV. It was probably the saddest, the most shocking, and the most horrifying news at that time for the reason that every person I see on TV was crying, asking for help, looking for their missing loved one, and the like. Not only the Americans were greatly affected but the whole world in general. I remember Auntie Lucy and my Dad thought of Auntie Belen and Uncle Pomping who live in New York, and we prayed for their safety and the safety of others too (specially the ones who were in that particular area). I felt bad for the people who lost their loved ones... and yet proud of those who sacrificed their lives to help the others who were trapped in the debris of the buildings.
  
Yes, a decade has already passed but the memory is still alive in the hearts and memories of the people.

The second photo shows two blue lights that are being lit up every September 11. The Twin Towers used to stand on that place. On its 10th anniversary, I hear that these lights will be turned on for the last time. 

In memory of the 9-11 victims, let's all have a moment of silence and offer a prayer for them and the family they have left behind.


*Photos retrieved from Google images*