Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Unexpected Good-bye


(University Week Culminight: February 19, 2010)

Meet my friend, Kat Reyes. We met and became friends when we were still in college. She's fun to be with, and I admire her for being so optimistic, wise, thoughtful, friendly and sweet. I also like the way she gives advices to people around her, and how she expresses herself without offending anyone. Because of these qualities, it's no surprise that she has gained a lot of friends.

I never thought that our graduation dinner last June would be our last day together. Just last week, I was surprised to know that she's leaving for Doha. (that's why she invited everyone to come to Batangas, for a weekend getaway... to say good-bye) Our other friends prepared a despedida party for her last Thursday night because it will take such a long time for us to see her again. Lo, Mye, Icca, Tasha and Sab sent me text messages to convince me to come but due to some unexpected circumstance, unfortunately, I did not make it. Kat left yesterday at 10am.

To compensate for my absence, I'm planning to do something which I've never done before.

Kat, I will miss you! Take care and have fun in Doha. See you soon! :)