Friday, June 29, 2007

Confessions of a Certified Homesick Iyakin

At last! I already finished our EdTech project! I should have been sleeping right now but I decided to update my blog. So here I am.

Since the start of the first day of school, I've been thinking about a lot of things. I have so many reflective thinkings that sometimes, they drive me nuts. There are times that I feel confused, and then I end up breaking down into tears. I know I shouldn't be acting like this, but I can't help it. Well, I guess it's normal for a student like me who stays in a dorm and living away from the family. Honestly, I'm not that really adjusted...yet. I always anticipate the coming of Friday afternoon because it is the day when Auntie Lucy comes to the dorm to fetch me. On the other hand, my hyper-activeness becomes lesser when Monday comes. It's not because it is Monday, if you know what I mean. I don't like Mondays that much because it means leaving away from home again.


My parents and Auntie Lucy never fail to tell me, every week, that I would be adjusted someday. I just look at them. Then I begin to "propose" my plan about going "uwian". We always have "mini-conferences" about it. They give me their point and I give them mine. It is like a game. I always lose and they always win.

As I reflect and think about my points and reasons why I like to go home, I suddenly realize that my so-called "good reasons" are just for my own benefit. I want to come up with good reasons which can be beneficial not only for myself but for others as well. Too bad, it's hard.

Anyway, it is God's will, right? He knows what's best for me. He has good reasons why He gave me the chance to study in La Salle and to stay in a dorm. Although, I'm still feeling homesick, I would accept the reality. I should be thankful for that. Who knows, maybe someday, I could be adjusted (I really hope so) or maybe my whole eternal "uwian" plan/wish would come true. Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Have a blessed day!!!