Monday, January 29, 2007

It is Not Yet the End...

The first month of the year had not been really good to me. In fact, I cried almost everyday. Why? Because I already got the results of my entrance exams from the four schools which I applied for college. Really, they were surprising.

Honestly, I didn't pass Ateneo and UP, thank you very much. The news of not passing those schools really made me sad. Because of that, I developed low self-esteem again. I felt I was stupid for not passing them. I wished to go back to the past to correct my mistakes. But it's too late. What made me feel more stupid was the course that I applied for which was Biology. I suddenly realized that it's a quota course and only a certain number of students are accepted for it. I wished I chose the course which was non-quota so I could pass the test then shift to the course that I really wanted afterwards. Again, it was too late. I didn't have the time machine to go back to the past. I didn't have the watch, which Travis received from the mysterious man, to change everything. (By the way, that's from Sana Maulit Muli, a primetime show on ABS-CBN) I felt depressed for more than a week, and I brought that depression in school, when we came back there after the Christmas vacation.

As I was thinking about these "failures", I realized that it was not yet the end. Maybe, God gave me these because he had better plans for me. It was hard to accept failures in the first place, but I had to. These made me stronger. I began to develop a higher self-esteem, which was good. I began to trust myself.

Yesteday, I went to De La Salle Manila. I asked about the results of my examination. The admissions told me that my GNP, whatever it was, was good. I got an 88. Mathematics and the Mental Ability Test were the "suspects" why I didn't pass my first choice (Biology). They didn't reach a certain grade. I accepted Math, because it was expected but Mental Ability Test? Pleeaase!!! I even joked Joy, my dear friend and my dear classmate, that I came from the Mental Hospital and forgot to drink my medicine so it's understandable. Hahaha. But, before I left the admissions building of De La Salle Manila, I felt good. The admissions office was giving me a consideration because they saw my eagerness to study there. The people there told me to visit their website, which I usually do, to be informed so I could complete the requirements that I need.

God gave me this opportunity to start again, to trust myself again. He was giving me the ray of hope. I have 50-50% chance of passing DLSU, but at least, there's still a chance. Maybe, He gave this because he knew how eager I am to study there. On my way to Quiapo, I received text messages from my classmates saying that I passed UST. I passed my first course which was Biology and I was wait-listed in my second course, which was Pre-Com (commerce). I thanked God for he's so good.

It's not yet the end. Don't give up. I can do it. It's just the beginning...

No comments: