Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Tenth of November

As I type this, I am still thinking of what happened in Tacloban, Iloilo, and other areas that were greatly affected by super typhoon, Haiyan (also known as Yolanda in the Philippines). I have been watching news for the past two days and it was really heartbreaking for me to see what the typhoon has left behind. Haiyan was indeed the strongest and most dangerous typhoon so far. In my opinion, it is as heartbreaking as the tsunami incident that Japan experienced three years ago. A lot of people lost their homes, properties, and loved ones. I was teary-eyed while watching the news. I prayed while Ted Failon (a Filipino reporter) was sharing his experience amidst the typhoon, and I wished it won't happen again. On the other hand, I felt really blessed because the wind, rain, and flood in our province were not as strong and scary. Luzon was spared from Haiyan's wrath.

I also commend the reporters who reported live while Haiyan was wreaking havoc. Their lives might be in danger, but they chose to brave the typhoon and do their job. It was pure passion and dedication. Hats off to Atom Araullo and his crew as well as to all reporters!


I wish I could do something to help. For now, praying is the least I can do. 

Please pray for the Philippines and help in any way you can.