Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Big Two-One

My new life began last Thursday when I celebrated my 21st birthday. I thought it would be just an ordinary day and I told myself not to expect anything, but life can be sweet sometimes. It may be a rainy day but it was filled with sunshine and rainbows because of the greetings I received from the people I met along the way, and what they've done just to make my birthday extra special. To those who wrote on my Facebook wall, tweeted me on Twitter, sent me a text message, called me on my phone... thank youuuu!

Here are some snippets of my 21st birthday:

The preschool teachers gave this to me as soon as I entered the room. Got teary-eyed when I read the messages they wrote on the styro. They are so sweet!


What's inside the styro? OREO CHEESECAKE! Thank you so much Teachers Kaye, Serie, Mariel, and Kris! By the way, I'm keeping the styro. Sentimental reasons. ;)


This cake was given to me by the school staff. I was reviewing my grade 3 student on division with 2-3 divisors when Sir Ron suddenly opened the door and started singing "Happy Birthday!" (nagulat ako, literal haha!). Behind him was Teacher Portia, our directress, with a grade 1 student carrying the cake. The other teachers from the other room plus their students followed. They were all singing and clapping! I even saw Serie taking photos while I blow the candle. :p


Pizza played a major role on that day. I brought NY Classic, New York's Finest and Manhattan Meatlovers for everyone to savor. It felt so good to see my fellow teachers and the students enjoy my simple treat. 


And the cherry on top? This simple card given to me by my grade 3 student. :D

No words can truly express how I feel. I feel lucky, blessed, overwhelmed, happy, grateful *insert all positive words here*. Thank you!!! You are all fantastic! One big hug! And yes, exclamation points are necessary. :D