Sunday, October 17, 2010

John Mayer

You might get surprised if I tell you that I don’t listen to the music of John Mayer. I wondered why a lot of people were so thrilled when he came to the Philippines on the first day of October. Yes, I’ve heard some of this songs before, particularly when I was in high school, but none of them made an impact on me. Wow, I feel like a contravida in a soap opera.

Until I decided to download some of his songs a while ago.

Upon listening to Heartbreak Warfare, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Bigger Than My Body, Why Georgia, Neon and Your Body is a Wonderland, now I know why a lot of Filipino love John Mayer. I realized that his songs are so wonderful and relaxing. His albums could be the perfect playlist to play while drinking a cup of hot chocolate on a lazy, rainy afternoon, while doing paperwork at the workplace, while driving your car or while studying for a really big test. And it could also be the playlist of those who are in-love or nursing a broken heart.

I hope you don’t get mad at me, John Mayer fans. I’m one of you now. :)