Thursday, July 23, 2009

When Opportunity Knocks on My Door

Well, I felt like a celebrity slash model last week because the Achiever Scholar Program tarpaulin was hanging in one of the most crowded places in DLSU. My friends from other colleges kept on telling me, "Oh! I saw your picture in Miguel Walk the other day! You did not tell us you're an aspiring achiever scholar!" The truth is, a friend nominated me. I was hesitant at first but after thinking about it for so many times, I decided to accept the nomination and join. And probably, I could add this to my resume when I apply for a job in the near future. ;)

Being in this program is definitely challenging. It takes courage and a lot confidence to approach people and ask for donations slash votes(1 vote= 1 Php; they will put their donations slash votes in the can). So whenever I see someone I know, I immediately go to him or her. My friends, Mau and Lo, also joined so it became more challenging for me. They're so hard to beat! HAHA. ;)

On Tuesday, the ASP chair will inform us about our stand and who will be our college's achiever scholar. I feel nervous and excited at the same time. I'm not really hoping that I will be the chosen one though. Oh well, at least I tried my very best. I did not expect that I would go this far. :)

Let me grab this moment to thank the people who donated slash voted and supported for me. What you did really means so much to me. Thank you! :)