Monday, May 08, 2006

What will I say?

Hello everyone!!! I'm Dana. It is my first time to create a blog. Honestly, I don't have any idea about what to write. I guess, I'll just put whatever pops into my mind here...hahaha...

When I was in gradeschool, I doodled a lot especially in my intermediate pad. I wrote about anything...I even drew logos of my favorite brands of clothing, like Orange Juice. I even wrote articles which were not published in our school paper but I saved some of them in my computer.

It was really my dream to be a good writer someday. I even thought about Journalism as my course for college. But everything changed when I entered highschool. I didn't have the time to doodle as much as I want unlike in my gradeschool years. I was very busy with school work. The only time that I could write articles was when our teachers asked us to write a theme for English or Filipino.

Writing has been a part of my life. Because of it, I can practice my English, my grammar and even my Filipino. I can also express how I feel or what I feel through it. I think, writing completes me..hahaha... Because of writing too, I also achieved some recognition in school. When I was in grade six, my short story, Ang Lumang Bahay, was chosen for the school paper. I was so surprised because I never expected it. That story was based on my imagination because during that time, I was fascinated with antiques and even ghosts and spirits. Then, when I reached my sophomore year in St. Scho, I joined the writer's guild. Unfortunately, I didn't write nor contribute in our school paper. But, my piece about nutrition won third place in school. I was also surprised because, yes, you guessed it, 1.) I never expected it and 2.) I wasn't really serious as I was writing that piece. I kept on telling not to eat junkfoods because they're bad for our health(shocks! I was the first one to eat french fries at McDonald's that day...hahaha...). I even wrote about facts that most of the people in the US become obese because they eat a lot of junkfood. Well, maybe, it was just a reward for my um, "unseriousness". (Is there a word, "unseriousness"? hahaha) But honestly, I was still happy when my piece was chosen even if it's third place. I received a certificate that still hangs inside my bed room up to now (of course it's inside a frame) and a green mango, wrapped in blue crepe paper. Yes, I also received a green mango because it was held during the nutrition month.

Now, I feel happy because I have this wonderful opportunity to write again. I think that I will pursue my writing skills even if I will not take Journalism as my course when I enter college. Like what I said, writing completes me. I will write about anything under the sun like what I used to do. If my article or piece will be chosen again, if it is according to God's will, I will be so thankful. And when that time comes, I will still wonder if I will receive or get a green mango wrapped in crepe paper again. =)

1 comment:

wrappyme said...

wow. thats what i call good writing :)